(Due to COVID-19 and the introduction of pre-registration, our post-trip responsibilities for leaders are a little different than during non-pandemic times - in particular, no paper!)
After the trip is over, the leader shall
- finalize the list of participants (please see below)
- send the list of participants to the Club
- send payment of the collected non-member fees and equipment rentals to the Treasurer
- ensure that all OOC equipment borrowed for the trip has been returned
The sign-up list shall be emailed to "signupform(at)ottawaoutdoorclub.ca" and the appropriate coordinator. The email addresses of the coordinators are on our contact page.
To pay, calculate the full amount of non-member activity fees and equipment rental fees collected and either
- pay by Interac email transfer
- please use your bank's website to send the Interac etransfer amount to payactivityfees(at)ottawaoutdoorclub.ca
- there is no security question; the payment will be deposited automatically
- pay via PayPal
- detailed instructions for PayPal payment are provided here
- pay by cheque (only if necessary - electronic payment is strongly preferred)
- write a cheque to “OOC” for the amount that you collected
- write the date and activity type (e.g., hike) on the Memo line of the cheque
- snail-mail it to the OOC Treasurer at the Club's postal address
- let the Treasurer know that a cheque is in the mail
For all trips, when any equipment has been borrowed from the Club, the leader shall ensure that it has been returned and that it is in good condition. For multi-day trips, the leader shall sign-in borrowed equipment that has been returned. All leaders must report to the Equipment Coordinator (or designated substitute) any damage to or loss of equipment. Except for equipment related to canoeing, please ensure that the equipment is clean and dry before storing it.
Finalize sign-up information after outing
Please email all of the information requested on the pre-registration page to signupform(at)ottawaoutdoorclub.ca. Only include those who actually participated in the outing. All contact information is particularly important in case we need to help the public health authorities with contact tracing. Please include the amount that you collected in non-member activity fees and equipment rentals. When a participant has paid any of these fees directly, please also include the amount that they paid.