The Club and Gatineau Park have a variety of fees related to the Club's activities:
- Club membership fees
- Club activity fees (usually just for non-members)
- Club equipment rental fees
- carpooling transportation (for all)
- Gatineau Park fees for summer parking and winter trail use (for all)
The annual membership fees and related information are available here. Club activity fees can be applied fully to a Club membership when you join within a week of the activity.
|Single-day||Multi-day (flat fee)|
|Equipment||Single-day||Multi-day (flat fee)|
|Canoes and accessories (Note 1)||$10 (Note 2)||$20|
- Rental fees are per canoe. Accessories include PFDs, paddles, bailers, throw ropes, flash lights, and car mounting equipment.
- Single-day canoe rental fees apply to daytime outings (usually Sundays). They do not apply to evening outings (usually Wednesdays).
- All fees apply to all participants who are using OOC equipment.
- Club equipment may only be used as part of Club activities.
All distances are based on the car starting from and returning to the Sandy Hill Community Centre at 250 Somerset Street East, Ottawa. The amounts provided are suggested amounts to be given by the passenger(s) to the driver to help cover their vehicle expenses.
Vehicle does not carry a canoe or other watercraft for a Club outing (based on 4 people in the vehicle) (rates as of 1 October 2021)
|Destination||Round trip||Amount per person|
|P1 - Asticou||18 km||$1|
|P2 - Relais plein air||26 km||$2|
|P3 - Gamelin||18 km||$1|
|P5 - Penguin||36 km||$3|
|P6 - Mackenzie King Estate - winter entrance||40 km||$3|
|P6 - Mackenzie King Estate - non-winter entrance||48 km||$4|
|P7 - Kingsmere||38 km||$3|
|P8 - Chelsea||35 km||$3|
|P9 - Dunlop||39 km||$3|
|P10 - Fortune||40 km||$3|
|P11 - O'Brien||42 km||$3|
|P12 - Meech||48 km||$4|
|P13 - Blanchet||51 km||$4|
|P15 - Cross Loop Road||58 km||$5|
|P16 - Pine Road||54 km||$4|
|P17 - Wakefield||67 km||$5|
|P19 - Philippe||87 km||$7|
|Chemin Kelly & Chemin de la Montagne||40 km||$3|
|Camp Fortune parking lot||44 km||$3|
|Pink Lake parking lot via Old Chelsea||45 km||$3|
|Breton Beach, Lac Philippe (north end)||90 km||$7|
|Parent Beach, Lac Philippe (middle)||92 km||$7|
|Luskville Falls||73 km||$6|
|Chemin Pilon (via Chemin de la Montagne)||74 km||$6|
|Lac Ramsay (via 148; via 5 & 366 is 108 km & same time)||92 km||$7|
|Chemin d'Eardley & Chemin du Camp Gatineau||99 km||$8|
|Chemin Hammond & Chemin Steele||100||$8|
|P2 - Shirley's Bay||40 km||$3|
|P3 - Corkstown Road||41 km||$3|
|P4 - Timm Drive||43 km||$3|
|P5 - Eagleson Road at Robertson Road (Old Quarry Trail)||48 km||$4|
|P6 - Old Richmond Road||46 km||$4|
|P7 - Old Richmond Road (Sarsaparilla Trail)||45 km||$3|
|P11 - West Hunt Club Road (Stony Swamp Trail)||40 km||$3|
|P12 - Cedarview Road (Bruce Pit)||35 km||$3|
|P18 - Davidson Road near Hawthorne Road (Pine Grove Trail), via 417||36 km||$3|
|P21 - Ridge Road at Anderson Road (Mer Bleue Bog)||31 km||$2|
|P22 - Ridge Road - end of road (Mer Bleue Bog)||37 km||$3|
|Canadian War Museum||9 km||$1|
|Champlain Bridge, Ottawa side, via Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway||15 km||$1|
|Navan Memorial Centre and Arena||52 km||$4|
|Richcraft Recreation Complex: parking for South March Highlands Trail Network & Monk Environmental Park||52 km||$4|
|Mont Cascades||57 km||$5|
|Éco-Odyssée - 52, Chemin des Sources, Wakefield||86 km||$7|
|100 km radius||100 km||$8|
|Larose Forest, north of Casselman||109 km||$9|
|Skating Through the Forest - Lac des Loups||117 km||$10|
|West Carleton Nordic Ski Club, Fitzroy Provincial Park||121 km||$10|
|Mill of Kintail Conservation Area, Mississippi Mills||122 km||$10|
|$0.32/km per vehicle. Total divided among all in vehicle, including driver|
Vehicle carries a canoe or other watercraft for a Club outing some of the distance (based on 3 people in the vehicle) (rates as of 1 October 2021)
|Destination||Round trip (no canoe + canoe)||Amount per person|
|P12 - Meech||27 + 28 km||$7|
|Parent Beach & boat launch, Lac Philippe||27 + 73 km||$12|
|Lac la Pêche||27 + 95 km||$15|
|Farm Point||27 + 42 km||$8|
|Paugan Reservoir, Low, QC||27 + 100 km||$16|
|Parc des Cèdres (access to Aylmer Island)||27 + 24 km||$6|
|Other destinations - basic rate|
| $0.32/km per vehicle total—no canoe or other watercraft on car
+ $0.39/km per vehicle total—canoe or other watercraft on car
Total divided among all in vehicle, including driver
- Pre-set rates for canoeing assume that the canoes are picked up at the Club's canoe-storage location after starting from the Club's regular meeting location.
- As defined in the bylaws, carpool rates are a fixed percentage of the Government of Canada reimbursement rates for Ontario. The OOC rates are based on the 1 October 2021 government rates.
- This Excel spreadsheet is used to calculate the rates. There is one tab for each time the rates are set (usually annually).
Gatineau Park fees
Gatineau Park vehicle-access fees are generally charged during the summertime for beach-access parking lots and Mackenzie King Estate. These shall be split evenly among all in the car.
During the winter, there are per-person day or season fees for the cross-country ski trails and most snowshoe trails.