Types of fees
As a trip participant, there are occasionally some fees that you must pay to the Club. The Club charges fees for the following:
- non-member activity fees
- if you become a member within 7 days of paying this fee, you can deduct the amount paid from your membership registration fee
- rental of some equipment
You can pay either by Interac email transfer, by PayPal, or (not preferred) by sending a cheque to the treasurer.
How to make a payment
To pay, calculate the full amount of non-member activity fees and equipment rental fees owing and either
- pay by Interac email transfer
- please use your bank's website to send the Interac etransfer amount to payactivityfees(at)ottawaoutdoorclub.ca
- there is no security question; the payment will be deposited automatically
- pay by credit card or PayPal via PayPal
- detailed instructions for paying by credit card (via PayPal) or by PayPal directly are provided below
- pay by cheque (only if necessary - electronic payment is strongly preferred)
- write a cheque to “OOC” for the amount that you collected
- write the date and activity type (e.g., hike) on the Memo line of the cheque
- snail-mail it to the OOC Treasurer at the Club's postal address
- inform the Treasurer by email (treasurer(at)ottawaoutdoorclub.ca) that you delivered a cheque, if you did not deliver it to the Treasurer directly
Pay by credit card (via PayPal) or by PayPal directly
To pay by credit card, we use PayPal. You don't need a PayPal account to pay by credit card.
Each time you click on an Add to Cart button, your PayPal shopping cart will be displayed. There, you can adjust quantities of or remove any chosen items. When you view the cart or when you check out, you will be taken to the PayPal page, where you will have the opportunity to adjust / correct the quantity. We recommend selecting one of each of the payment types you need to make and then adjusting the quantities when you check out.
All financial transactions occur on PayPal's secure site. No credit card or contact information is seen by or recorded on the Club's site. PayPal will notify the treasurer once the transaction has completed successfully.
As an example, if you are a non-member ($10) using one of our canoes ($5) for a day trip, do the following:
- click on the Add to Cart button for Single-day activity and then return to this page
- click on the Add to Cart button for Canoe usage fee / Single-day usage (one person) and then return to this page
- click on one of the Check Out buttons to make your payment
If, as a slightly different example, you're paying both for you and your partner, increase the count of each to two on the shopping cart page.
Make a payment
Click or tap on one or more of the buttons below to add the fees to the cart or to check out.
|Item description||Unit price|
|Fees that apply only to non-members|
|Fees that apply to everyone as appropriate|
|Snowshoe rental (single- or multi-day)||$3.00|
|Canoe usage fee - no charge for evenings|
|Single-day usage (one person)||$5.00|
|Single-day usage (whole canoe)||$10.00|
|View cart or checkout|