Note 24 October 2018: The budget presented below was modified at the AGM. Here is the budget that was accepted.
|OTTAWA OUTDOOR CLUB|
|Income and Expense Statement: 2018 (Actual) and 2019 (Budget)|
|1 October to 30 September ($)|
|Membership registration (2)||8,200||8,145.00||-55.00||12,100|
|Non-member activity fees||1,350||907.00||-443.00||900|
|PayPal fees (3)||460||334.07||125.93||705|
|Post Office Box||210||210.18||-0.18||215|
|Advertising / printing||350||0.00||350.00||600|
|Volunteer recognition dinner||650||717.47||-67.47||900|
|Special event(s) - 25th anniversary||500|
|Group travel subsidies||1,000||469.47||530.53||500|
|Training & development||1,250||619.20||630.80||1,000|
|Exec meetings & AGM (5)||500||480.95||19.05||500|
|Equipment & storage||2,950||2,291.53||658.47||2,800|
|Rent for canoe storage (6)||1,800||1,800.00||0.00||2,000|
|Canoes and related supplies||800||488.68||311.32||0|
|Miscellaneous - procurement & maintenance (7)||350||2.85||347.15||800|
|Reimbursement for equipment to be replaced (8)||1,200|
- For Income, a negative Variance indicates that we received less income than budgeted. For Expense, a negative Variance means that our expenses were higher than budgeted.
- Based on a membership fee of $55, about 220 paid memberships, and advertising (which has not been done in recent years). There were 218 members in 2018.
- PayPal fees are 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. They apply to all memberships, activity fees, and rentals paid via our website, along with occasional other transactions. The revenue shown is the gross revenue before PayPal fees are deducted.
- Due to a medical insurance claim this past year, our insurance rates were raised. Ultimately, since the claim was within the deductible, the insurance company deemed it to be "no claim". It is possible that we might be able to have our insurance rates reduced as a result; this needs to be investigated.
- Room rentals and food.
- One of our background tasks is reviewing our possibilities for storage locations, so we allocated a small amount of extra money to explore possibilities.
- To provide more flexibility for 2019, potential on-going expenses related to the canoeing program were merged into the "Miscellaneous - procurement & maintenance" category.
- One canoe and some related equipment were damaged or lost on a trip. The executive estimates the value at $1200 (exact amount still to be finalized), to be reimbursed by the trip participants. This is separate from the regular budgeted income for 2019.