|OTTAWA OUTDOOR CLUB|
|Income and Expense Statement (2017) / Budget (2018)|
|October 1 to September 30 ($)|
|Membership Fees (2)||6,631||6,900||7,200.00||300||8,200|
|Non-member Activity & Equipment Rental Fees (3)||1,500||1,500||-1,500|
|Non-member Activity Fees||1,602.00||1,350|
|Equipment Rental Fees||423.00||350|
|Post Office Box||215||215||202.27||13||210|
|Postage, Office Supplies, & Bank Fees||600||600||138|
|Chequing Account Fees (4)||101.71||30|
|PayPal Fees (5)||269||312.89||-44||460|
|Advertising / Printing||2,000||2,000||0.00||2,000||350|
|Group Travel Subsidies (7)||1,500||1,500||1,101.11||399||1,000|
|Training & Development||3,000||3,000||338.39||2,662||1,250|
|Exec Meetings & AGM||600||600||478.78||121||500|
|Equipment & Storage|
|Rent for Canoe Storage||1,800||1,800||1,800.00||0||1,800|
|Other / Misc||400||400||0.00||400||0|
- 2016-17 only: Budget: Re-ordered contains minor re-orderings of a few values from Budget: Original to match the way the values are separated out in the Actual amounts. For instance, PayPal fees were separated out of the membership fee ($6631) in the original budget item; in the adjusted budget item, the full membership fees are included, and there is a separate expense item to show the PayPal fees. Variance is against Budget: Re-ordered.
- Membership fees: budget based on ~85% of previous year's membership numbers:
- 2016-17 budget: ~85% of a little less than 265 = 230@$30 (end-of-year membership count wasn't known when budget set)
- 2017-18 budget: ~85% of 240 = 205@$40
The original 2016-17 budgeted amount of $6631 is less PayPal fees. The actuals for this year consider the PayPal fees as an expense, so the 2016-17 budget item shows an adjusted revenue of $6631 + $269 = $6900, with a new expense item of $269 to offset it.
- 2016-17: non-membership fees include equipment rental income
- Chequing Account Fees: 2017-18 budget much less than 2016-17 actual due to purchase of new cheque book in 2017.
- PayPal Fees:
- 2016-17 actual: $312.89 = $269 (approx. for membership) + remainder for activity & rental fees for outings
- 2016-17 budget: estimated for membership fees, not estimated for non-member activity fees & equipment rentals
- 2017-18 budget: estimated for membership fees, non-member activity fees, equipment rentals
- Insurance cost substantially more than budgeted, as described in the President's Report. The extra funds were approved by the executive under Bylaw Article 5 (Finances), Section 3 (Expenditure of Funds) (a), which permits the Executive to allocate up to $1000 outside of the budget.
- Group Travel Subsidies: reducing subsidy, with an expected increase from $15 to $20 for the per-person fee.